Disposable foamed plastic tableware is not absolutely s […]
Disposable foamed plastic tableware is not absolutely safe, especially when it contains oily foods or is heated in a microwave oven, unpolymerized monomers will accompany the food into the body, causing human poisoning. The monomer is insoluble in water, but soluble in alcohol and ether solutions. When the concentration is high, it can cause symptoms such as dizziness, nausea, vomiting, and general weakness. In severe cases, it can die from suffocation. Chronic poisoning manifests as neurasthenia, fatigue, nausea, loss of appetite, bloating, forgetfulness, finger tremor, and even renal failure. The US Food and Drug Administration has stated that food and beverages can enter from polycontainers and cause human poisoning. Disposable foamed plastic tableware produced by using recycled materials not only makes it difficult to control the source of recycled materials, it is easy to carry toxic and harmful substances, but also the recycled polymers are more likely to produce free monomers, causing acute or chronic poisoning.