Disposable tableware is divided into the following thre […]
Disposable tableware is divided into the following three categories according to the source of raw materials, production process, degradation method, and recycling level:
1. Biodegradable products: such as paper products (including pulp molding type, cardboard coating type), edible powder molding type, plant fiber molding type, etc.;
2. Light/biodegradable materials: light/biodegradable plastic (non-foaming) type, such as photobiodegradable PP;
3. Easy to recycle materials: such as polypropylene (PP), high impact polystyrene (HIPS), biaxially oriented polystyrene (BOPS), natural inorganic mineral filled polypropylene composite products, etc.
With the continuous improvement of people's living standards, various disposable paper daily necessities have emerged one after another, and many different types of household paper used in different occasions have been continuously introduced. In China, the penetration rate of disposable paper products, especially toilet paper and feminine hygiene products, is much higher in first-tier cities than in second- and third-tier cities and rural areas. Zhiyan Data Research Center stated that with the saturation of disposable paper products in developed cities, second- and third-tier cities and rural areas have become new market growth areas.
Reasons for the prohibition of disposable tableware
Why should the country ban foamed plastic tableware?
The Chinese government has banned the production, sale and use of disposable foamed plastic tableware from January 1, 2001, for the following reasons:
1. Foamed plastic tableware is difficult to recycle after being used up;
2. The foaming agent used in the production of some enterprises is butane (that is, the gas of the lighter), which is easy to catch fire and is not safe;
3. The product is easy to dissolve harmful substances under high temperature (>65℃), and it is not safe to use, especially when used in a microwave oven, it is easy to melt;
4. The product is large in size and inconvenient for transportation and storage;
5. It is not easy to decompose, pollutes the environment, and is harmful to the human body;
6. There are alternative products (cornstarch tableware).
Disposable tableware use hazards
What are the hazards of using fake eco-friendly lunch boxes?
Fake environmentally friendly lunch boxes are products that contain a lot of inorganic mineral fillers such as talcum powder or calcium carbonate (there are also a few tableware made of waste plastic or waste paper, which are more harmful). The acetic acid residue exceeds the national standard several times, and the environmental protection and food hygiene are not good enough. It is easy to cause diseases such as gallstones to the human body and cause major health hazards.
Disposable tableware distinguish quality
How can plastic lunch boxes be fake
Inferior disposable plastic lunch boxes are popular among small restaurants because of their low price and you can buy one for a few cents. For example, in the production of low-quality lunch boxes, a large amount of industrial-grade calcium carbonate, talcum powder, paraffin and other toxic and harmful materials are generally added, which poses a direct threat to the health of users.
The counterfeit environmentally friendly plastic lunch box is soft to the touch, and it breaks when you tear it gently. It will be pungent and choking, and it will easily leak when heated; the counterfeit pulp lunch box has poor strength, dark color, and serious oil and water seepage; the packaging box There is no factory name, no trademark, and no production date on the lunch box; the counterfeit lunch box is heavier than the qualified product, and it is easy to sink when it is shredded in the water (the proportion of the qualified product is less than 1, and it will not sink); the price is cheap, generally Below 0.10 yuan, the price of a real environmentally friendly lunch box is above 0.13 yuan.
Convenient chopsticks are too white and need to be vigilant
Many people think that disposable chopsticks are more hygienic and safe when eating out. However, in order to reduce costs, some small workshops use low-quality wood. In order to "whiten" chopsticks, some criminals will use sulfur fumigation and bleach. When eating with this kind of chopsticks, the residual sulfur dioxide enters the body.
How to prevent "poisoning"? After you get the disposable chopsticks, check whether the manufacturer’s name, trademark and contact information are printed on the package; those disposable chopsticks that are too white are not credible; you can also smell the chopsticks if they are sour Sulfur smell, it is best not to use. Do not soak wooden chopsticks in hot soup or hot porridge for a long time during meals, because this will accelerate the decomposition of sulfur dioxide. You can clean the surface of the chopsticks with cold water to reduce the residual sulfur dioxide.
Colorful straws may not be safe
Be careful when drinking beverages. Many straws are made of waste plastic, which can damage the liver and kidneys.
Some unscrupulous merchants dye the straws in order to cover up the variegated colors of straws made of waste plastic. The brighter the color, the greater the potential safety hazard. Experts advise that colored straws are best not to be used. Its raw materials do not rule out the possibility of using industrial plastics or even waste plastics for reuse. To identify the problem straws can follow three steps: First, ask to see the information on the production packaging bag, production date, shelf life, production license and serial number (QS logo). Identify the color again, try not to buy the colorful ones, and pay special attention to the dark ones. Finally, smell the pungent odor before the straw is in contact with the drink. If there is any odor, it must be the problem straw.
Cleverly identify disposable paper cups
The pros and cons of disposable paper cups can be identified through the "one look, two smells and three touches" method.
Look: In addition to looking at the name of the manufacturer, address, production date, etc. on the packaging, you must also look at the light. If there is blue light or impurities, it is best not to buy;
Smell: whether there is a pungent smell;
Touch: It feels very soft, it may be a low-quality product. Tip: When using disposable paper cups, it is best to scald them with boiling water to let the harmful substances in the paper cups fully evaporate.
Disposable tableware recycling
Does the degradable tableware need not be recycled?
no. No materials should be thrown away randomly, and sorting and recycling should be actively carried out to reduce waste of resources and environmental pollution. Even degradable products require reasonable disposal or utilization. It is nonsense to talk about product degradation speed and degradation products without specific environmental factors.
Reasons for selling disposable tableware
Why fake environmentally friendly tableware sells well
1. The dealers have relatively large profits;
2. Consumers lack consumption knowledge;
3. It is cheaper for users to reduce costs;
4. Some products are only engraved with the words "environmental friendly lunch box", "degradable lunch box", and "urban environmental protection" on the mold, but in fact they are not environmentally friendly at all and have very poor sanitary performance. Some consumers only recognize these words. Don't know the real situation of the product.