What are the hazards of plastic meals 1. Many so-cal […]
What are the hazards of plastic meals
1. Many so-called environmentally-friendly plastic tableware use industrial-grade plastic raw materials and waste plastics instead of food-grade raw materials in their production. These plastic tableware emits a pungent smell after being scalded with boiling water. At the same time, they are arbitrarily added to industrial paraffin and talc in the production, which are prone to excessive calcium carbonate, and contain heavy metals such as lead and chromium. If people consume industrial calcium carbonate, they are prone to gallstones and kidney stones, especially the heavy metal lead contained therein, which is harmful to the human digestive tract and nervous system.
2. What's more serious is that many seemingly colorful plastic tableware can dissolve with the water, vinegar, and oil contained in the food. After the food enters the human body, it may cause indigestion, local pain, and liver disease. Many diseases affect children's intellectual development. In severe cases, they can cause gallstones, heavy metal poisoning and even cell cancer.
3. the degradation time of plastic products usually takes at least 200 years. Waste agricultural film and plastic bags in the farmland remain in the field for a long time, which will affect the absorption of water and nutrients by the crops, inhibit the growth and development of the crops, and reduce the yield of the crops. If livestock eat plastic film, it will cause digestive tract disease and even death.
4. Due to the soft foundation of the plastic film landfill site, the bacteria, viruses and other harmful substances in the garbage can easily penetrate into the ground, pollute the groundwater and endanger the surrounding environment.
How to clean plastic tableware
Mix 84 disinfectant and water at a ratio of 1:200, put the plastic products that need to be "replaced", and soak for 2 hours. Rinse it with clean water repeatedly and it will be fine. The effect is very good, and it will not cause any corrosion to plastic products. In addition to "whitening", it is also a disinfection job. If you encounter plastic products that are heavily stained by curry, the soaking time can be extended, more than 4 hours, or soaked overnight.
When using 84 disinfectant, be sure not to get the original solution on the clothes, otherwise it will cause spots on the clothes, which cannot be saved. The water soaked in plastic products can finally be poured into the toilet and soaked for 1 hour, which can also play a cleaning role.
What are the precautions for using plastic tableware
1. Microwave heating requires special plastic tableware
When you want to use a microwave oven to heat plastic tableware, try to use the plastic tableware special for the microwave oven as much as possible, and then carefully check how much the tableware can withstand the highest temperature, so that it will be safer to use. Otherwise, some tableware that is not heat-resistant will release plasticizers and endanger human health when encountering high temperatures. At present, the most heat-resistant is polypropylene, which can withstand 140°C, followed by polyethylene, which can withstand 110°C, while polystyrene can only be heat-resistant to 90°C, and the heat of microwave ovens can reach 120°C or more, so try to choose polypropylene Plastic tableware.
2. Brush clean before first use
When using plastic tableware for the first time, there will be some plastic smell, so be sure to clean it before use. The editor here does not recommend the use of meal washing, because it is easy to leave chemical substances, which is harmful to human health.
3. Regularly replace plastic tableware
Plastic tableware is often heated and exposed to the sun, which can easily damage the plastic molecules and make the plastic fragile and aging. If the plastic box is found to be hard or change from transparent to foggy, it should be replaced in time. If you serve hot food porridge or put it in a microwave oven, it will release more harmful substances.
4. microwave oven heating plastic tableware is best to open the lid
Open the lid and heat to prevent the toxic substances in the lid from being released by heat. At the same time, if the box body also releases toxic substances, open the lid and heat it to release the toxic substances into the air. Therefore, when putting plastic lunch boxes in the microwave, try not to cover them.
5. Avoid using plastic tableware to heat high-oil food
Because the boiling point of oil is very high, it will easily exceed the heat resistance limit of plastics when heated, and the oil, sugar and plasticizer are all organic and compatible, so it is best to avoid using plastic boxes to heat foods that contain a lot of fat and sugar. , So as not to produce harmful substances and endanger human health.