1. High-density polyethylene (HDPE), suitable for bath […]
1. High-density polyethylene (HDPE), suitable for bath products and cleaning supplies, not suitable for meat and cakes.
2. Polyvinyl chloride (PVC), which is polymerized by vinyl chloride, has good transparency, strong adhesion, and is not easy to break. The price is low and low, but it will release toxic substances when it comes into contact with grease. Avoid fatty foods, as high temperatures can also release toxic substances.
3. Low-density polyethylene (LDPE) plastic wrap is mostly used to make the inner film of milk boxes and packaging boxes, because it has water barrier properties, but the heat insulation effect is poor, and it will melt when the temperature exceeds 120 degrees Celsius. It is best not to carry out heating.
4. Polypropylene (PP), with good transparency, is mostly used to make disposable boxes for restaurants. Of course, plastic boxes made of it can also be heated in microwave ovens. This material is the only plastic box that can be microwaved.
5. Polystyrene (PS), heat-resistant and cold-resistant, is mostly used to make fast food boxes and instant noodle boxes, but it is not suitable for heating in microwave rate, because too high temperature will cause it to release harmful substances. In addition, Do not use it for strong acid foods.
6. Polycarbonate (PC) has good transparency, toughness and strength. It is mostly used to make water bottles, water cups, feeding bottles, etc., but it contains endocrine disruptors such as bisphenol A, which are harmful to developing children and pregnant. It is harmful to women, and in severe cases, it can lead to congenital intellectual disability in children and abortion in pregnant women.
Second, the disadvantages of plastic tableware
1. Easy to wear and aging
Plastic tableware is prone to wear and tear during use. If the plastic tableware is worn, the originally smooth plastic surface will become rough, and some plastic tableware will have plastic chips falling off, which should be replaced as soon as possible. Plastic products also have a shelf life. After the expiration date, the plastic will age, discolor and become brittle. If the plastic box used is found to be yellow or no longer transparent, it should be replaced as soon as possible.
2. The temperature resistance is worse than that of metal
If the temperature exceeds their heat resistance limit, plasticizers may be released, so long-term heating of plastic lunch boxes at high temperatures should be avoided to reheat food.
Which plastic tableware is better? In fact, each plastic has different characteristics and functions, so you can choose according to your needs. The disadvantages of plastic tableware are as above, so pay more attention when using them.